Who doesn’t love a good book, a chilled glass of wine (unless you don’t drink of course!) and a big bowl of hearty Italian pasta?!
Well today on the Blog Tour for One Summer in Italy, I am spicing it up a bit and bringing to you a simply easy and delicious way of making Benedetta’s Spaghetti Carbonara.
All you will need are the following ingredients:
400g dried spaghetti
175g smoked pancetta (no rind)
2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
A handful of flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
3 large free-range eggs, beaten
50g parmesan cheese, finely grated
Salt and black pepper
- Simply bring 4.5 litres of water to the boil with eight teaspoons of salt. Once boiling, add the spaghetti and cook for 9 minutes.
- Cut the pancetta into small lardons.
- Heat a deep frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the oil and pancetta, and fry until lightly golden. Add in the garlic and parsley, cook for a few seconds and remove from the heat to set aside.
- Drain the spaghetti once cooked and tip it into the frying pan with the pancetta, garlic and parsley. Add in the beaten eggs, half the parmesan and toss together well – the heat from the spaghetti will be enough to cook the egg without drying it out.
- Serve in warm bowls, sprinkled with the rest of the parmesan.
Bellisimo! – It really is easy to make (I can vouch for that!).
As for the contents of the book itself, I cannot wait to get my hands on it so that I can follow both Sofia and Amy on their journey. I have been keeping an eye out at my local supermarket for that dazzling cover, and as soon as I spot it, I will grab myself a copy.
Thank you to Sue Moorcroft and Sabah Khan for having me on the blog tour!
Why not check out some of my other blogger pals on the tour?